Austin FC is looking for an Academy Coordinator who is trustworthy and supportive of the Academy department. The person who assumes this multifaceted position will be responsible for taking the lead and executing the administration, logistics, operation and support of the Academy’s technical staff. This position will also need to understand and respect the high expectations and professionalism of working with a professional team.
This position is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within the front office of a major league team and establish the core identity of the team’s brand. The person in charge of this position must reside in Austin, TX. Austin has been consistently named one of the best cities to live in for the past six years, while ranking high on Forbes’ “Cities of the Future” list.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
· Is self-motivated and focused on professional and customer service.
· Can communicate verbally with a wide range of people.
· Possesses a strong understanding of player and team operations.
· Is detail-focused, organized, analytical, and attentive.
· Enjoys being a positive team member focused on achieving team goals.
· Is agile and can respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-growing organization.
· Works well in a collaborative environment based on teamwork and meeting objectives.
You will be responsible for:
Lead the administration of the Austin FC Academy program, including communicating with players and parents, coordinating training and game times and locations, managing training records and taking attendance, and managing equipment and uniforms needed for training and games;
· Manage the administration and registration of players and technical staff in the league and tournaments in which the Academy participates;
· Coordinate and organize the logistics of trial training;
· Manage and maintain the online Academy database including player registrations and coaching staff; Y
· Coordinate travel and logistics for away games including transportation and lodging;
· Manage game day operations;
· Manage the organization of the field team at St. David’s Performance Center to ensure quality presentation and organization;
· Liaise with MLS personnel on rules and guidelines applicable to MLS NEXT; stay in touch with any other Austin FC league organizers about rules and guidelines.
- College/Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sports Management or similar is required
Demonstrated understanding of the local and national football scene.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the sports industry is preferred
- Domain of the entire Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to manage administrative processes and programs
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude that is reflective of team morale
- Fluent in English and preferably bilingual skills in Spanish/English