Hagerstown Community College is pleased to announce that applications are currently being accepted for a Head Coach, Men’s Soccer position.
The Head Coach position is responsible for running all aspects of a college sports team/program. Responsibilities include: recruitment, practice management, game management, academic monitoring and fundraising. Hagerstown Community College participates in the National Junior College Athletic Association and the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference.
Please note, this is a temporary, part-time position.
Oversee all aspects of athletic program development
1. Works within HCC’s and the Athletic Department’s policies and procedures to accomplish goals.
2. Demonstrate values of a life-long learner and focuses on student success academically before team success.
3. Recruit student athletes from HCC’s service area who are capable of benefiting from a community college education and collegiate athletic program.
a. Assess the physical abilities, academic background and personal character of the high school senior athletes in HCC’s service area.
b. Initiate personal contact with the high school coaches and each athlete.
4. Monitor academic progress and participation in an academic support program for student athletes.
5. Develop an understanding of student financial aid options and partner with the financial aid department to obtain updates that may impact player eligibility.
6. Conduct well-organized practices and provide for the physical conditioning and skill training for each athlete.
7. Develop, with the support of the Athletic Director, a relationship with faculty to communicate and interact in appropriate manner to ensure student success
8. Submit all paperwork in a timely fashion such as physicals, rosters, fundraising requests, etc.
9. Responsible for the selection of Assistant Coaches who reflect the College’s core values and conduct standards
10. Assist athletes in transferring to a four-year institution in cooperation with the Coordinator of Academic Advising.
11. Work with ARCC staff on the distribution and collection of equipment.
12. Attend all coaches meetings within the college. Attend any meetings scheduled for the sport that relate to the MD JUCO or the NJCAA Region XX.
13. Serve as a positive role model for student athletes.
14. Use the dedicated service approach and maintain a high level of respect, tact, and courtesy in dealing with student athletes, other coaching staffs, officials, college staff members and members of the community.
15. Be familiar with College polices and have professional knowledge of the employee, student, and student worker handbooks and the academic and college calendars.
16. Possess good work habits, such as punctuality, attendance, dependability, cooperation and enthusiasm.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have an earned college degree, coaching experience at the high school, club/or college for a minimum of 5 years. Demonstrated ability to raise funds for scholarships and travel. Demonstrated ability to recruit student athletes who will benefit from Hagerstown Community College’s strong academic programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent communication skills; ability to handle both themselves and the student athletes in an appropriate manner which is in line with college expectations; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with administrative staff, deans, faculty, coaches, student athletes and the general public