DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To coordinate and lead the delivery of Physiotherapy services to all u18s squad players and support the wider delivery of therapy services to all academy players.
- To assist with the Athletic Development for Professional Development Phase players in line with the Academy Physical Curriculum.
- To develop, lead and implement evolving injury prevention strategies for the Academy with particular focus on relevant injury audit data.
- To ensure appropriate prehabilitation sessions are delivered to all u18 players.
- To devise, where relevant, individual or small group specific programmes.
- To attend weekly sports science & medicine meetings and provide an update on all injuries and rehab plans to the Head of Academy Medicine and Head of Academy Sports Science.
- Continually review and assess the programme in accordance with the latest research.
- Identify key performance indicators in relation to progress within the field.
- To assist with the sports science testing for all academy players as and when needed.
- Chartered Physiotherapy Status
- Experience of working in the sporting environment
- Trauma Management Qualification (ATMMIF or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Desire to improve young athletes
- Two satisfactory references from previous employers & DBS check
- Energy and enthusiasm