The Oberlin College Department of Athletics & Physical Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer. This is a full-time, 10-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education and working with the Head Coach of Women’s Soccer.
- Bachelor’s degree required, two years coaching and/or relevant competitive experience preferred;
- Solid administrative skills and the ability to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve administrative goals;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Basic familiarity, appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College, and the capacity to articulate that role and interact comfortably with those individuals and constituency groups (student-athletes, alumni, coaches, parents, etc.) crucial to the advancement of athletics at Oberlin College;
- High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.