A key role in the communications team, the Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for communicating City Football Group’s commercial, partner-focused and some corporate activities. Areas of particular focus will include the Group’s partners and fans, requiring a sound knowledge and understanding of the Group’s range of assets, products and infrastructure.
The successful candidate will support the development and delivery of marketing communications plans and activities which uphold and sustain the reputation and public perception of City Football Group, our clubs and businesses.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
- To support the Head of Marketing Communications in developing and executing a global marketing communications strategy encompassing all appropriate functions of the organisation for external audiences
- To draft communications collateral and materials, press releases, biographies, speeches, award submissions and briefing notes
- To act as a brand ambassador to ensure our identity and values are properly represented as we communicate with our fans and a broad range of other audiences
- To conduct media monitoring and media evaluation of all commercial communications in trade and marketing media, responding to and directing related media enquiries, working with communications agencies to manage media outreach where required
- To support the Manchester City press office and develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant key reporters from sports business, trade and marketing media.
- To deliver international communications support for all international activity including Club tours, international football schools, international retail outlets and global partnership
- To deliver or support communication launches according to agreed plans, of new Club partnerships and develop communications plans for existing partners, including scheduling, logistics, time line and production
- To provide support and advice where appropriate to relevant departments at Manchester City FC with regards to the most suitable delivery mechanisms or solutions for the design and implementation of corporate communication activities
- Full Time
- Fixed Term (12 months maternity cover)
- Experience of marketing communications roles in a corporate/commercial environment, sound understanding of football as a global sport and related revenue streams
- Outstanding written and presentational skills, strong grasp of media relations and experience to support that. Able to lead projects
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and patient but with strong negotiation skills and powers of persuasion. Must be a team player who can work well across different teams.
- Willing either to take the initiative or form a critical part of a larger team
- Experience of marketing and/or communications roles, which can translate into the requirements of this role
- Degree level or equivalent
- Experience of sponsorship communications. Ideal candidate will have some experience of consumer/fan facing communications
Sobre Manchester City Football Club
This role involves working with children and/or vulnerable adults in a Regulated Activity (or in close proximity to children and/or vulnerable adults). This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.