Leeds United FC is seeking to recruit an experienced Sports Nutritionist to join their First Team Sports Science and Medical department.
This role is ideal for an experienced practitioner who is looking to advance their career in the delivery of sports Nutrition within a high performance environment, working as part of a supportive, and integrated Sports Science and Medical team. The role holder will predominately provide support to players within the First Team and academy’s Professional Development Phase (age 16-23).
• Educate players and support staff on how dietary strategies can enhance performance, recovery and health.
• Undertaking regular body composition assessment to determine each player’s ideal physique characteristics.
• Comprehensive dietary analysis to determine each player’s nutritional status.
• Provide bespoke nutritional interventions to support performance, training and rehabilitation.
• To develop a performance nutrition strategy for the club.
• To provide detailed catering guides for the training ground and hotels to ensure that high quality nutrition is being provided consistently to ensure that optimum performance, health and recovery can be achieved.
• To quality assure sports nutrition supplementation that is being provided to the players in order to reduce the risk of the inadvertent use of banned substances.
• To forge effective working relationships with the catering staff, sports science and medicine department is a key determinant of success.