The Austin FC Academy is actively seeking a highly qualified, multi-skilled Athletic Trainer to work as part of a collaborative inter-professional team to support elite-level youth soccer players on and off the pitch during the 2020-2021 season and seasons thereafter.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise working with youth athletes, preferably in soccer with a passion for sports.
- Experience working for a Major League Soccer organization a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth, collegiate, professional and/or elite-level athletes is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the challenges that athletes face, sports injuries, and treatment options.
- Demonstrate ability to discuss nutrition, wellness, and lifestyle strategies with elite adolescent athletes.
- Understanding of first-aid treatments, massage, and physical therapy techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media with diverse audiences.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks.
- Enjoy being challenged and have a desire to solve complex problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices.
- High ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- Experience coaching sports is a plus and experience coaching soccer is preferred.
- English and/or Spanish language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification Required. National or International Strength & Conditioning Association certification is a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree program in athletic training accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training (CAATE).
- NATA certification required or obtained prior to January 2021.