Steven Gerrard Academy offers a high-quality experience for youth ages 16-19 who are interested in pursuing a higher education and career in soccer, coaching, or other professions within the sports industry. We pride ourselves on the fact that our academic achievements are above the national standard. The educational program is run alongside an excellent football calendar, led by UEFA licensed coaches with experience from top academies such as Liverpool Football Club.
Steven Gerrard Academy is a special community, where hard work, commitment, and high standards are the norm. We have witnessed many excellent achievements since we opened our doors in 2011. Our motto “Achieve Excellence Together” is critical to our continued growth and success in the academic and athletic fields.
The position we offer provides a perfect opportunity for aspiring sports science / performance analysis students to gain experience in a professional sports / educational environment.
The ideal candidate would be a student studying a discipline related to sports science or sports training.
- Strong work ethic (E).
- Desire to learn (E).
- Excellent timing and ability to meet deadlines (E).
- Values and respects others (E).
- Willing to build relationships and collaborate with others (E).
- Good communication skills (E).
- Interest in performance analysis / sports science (E).
- IT proficiency and writing skills (E).
- Knowledge of the technical and tactical elements of football (K).
- Experience in the use of analysis software (hudl, sportscode, dartfish, nacsport, etc.) (D).
- Experience in the use of filming equipment (D).
- Experience working with formulas in Excel / Google sheets (D).