The High Performance Director is responsible for creating and delivering a High Performance strategy that enhances the performance environment of all National Team Players. This person will lead, integrate, and provide all National Teams high performance requirements for player injury prevention, strengthening, and conditioning programs. This individual will manage and oversee all staff under the High Performance Department. In addition, he/she will contribute to the performance programs from Coaching Education and Refereeing.
• Ph.D. in Exercise/Sport Physiology, Sport Science, Exercise Science or Strength, and Conditioning or Masters in a related field.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in High Performance.
• Significant work in soccer at the professional club or Federation level (multiple teams from within one organization).
• Previous role in managing high performance programs.
• Track record of performance enhancement resulting in improved/successful outcomes.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Balance of theoretical and applied experiences.
• Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the year.
• Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
• Experience contributing to applied sports performance research and development initiatives.
• Possess an NSCA - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification or European Equivalent (UKSCA (United Kingdom strength and conditioning association) and BASES (British association of sport and exercise science) Accreditation- all FB academies in England require for their sport science staff.
• The ability to work independently and in a team/collaborative work environment is required along with strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and planning skills.
• First Aid and CPR certification.
• Proven history of providing world-class feedback, reporting, and analysis across various projects.
• Vast knowledge of medical equipment, technology, and performance aspects within soccer.
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Athlete Management System, GPS, and Video Editing.
• Strong verbal, written, in-person presentation, and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, data collection, planning, and leadership skills.
• Experience working in collaboration with sport science, sport medicine, and other support staff.
• Previous experience working with multi-stakeholder projects, data and research.
• Ph.D. in Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, or a related field.
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and Video Editing.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish).
About U.S. Soccer
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of the sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology, and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting players, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create, and work on a team.