Derby County Football Club is looking for a dedicated and experienced data analyst to join the team!
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in creating data driven insights for the first team coaching staff and players through the exploration of complex and evolving data sets. Using a variety of communication techniques these insights will aid the creation and delivery of information to support the preparation for first team games.
- Experience and ability to design and implement insightful metrics, dashboards & communication tools using visual analytics software (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense.
- Strong ability to pool and quickly sift, analyse, identify anomalies and patterns and summarise large volumes of data.
- Ability to apply data visualisation techniques to assist in decision making process and facilitate insightful discussions amongst key stakeholders.
- Ability and commitment to working irregular and unsociable hours during the season.
- Highly motivated whilst being able to work calmly under pressure and unsupervised.
- At least one year experience working at a professional football club.
- At least one year experience working with performance data.
- Although not essential, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a sports science related course would be desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of football from a tactical perspective – through previous roles and/or relevant qualifications (e.g. Coaching Badges).
- Knowledge of relational database systems (SQL, Alteryx, Oracle) and concepts such as modelling and ETL would be desirable.