Millwall F.C. are currently recruiting for a Lead Academy Performance Analyst on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will oversee the analysis of all our Academy teams, based at our training facility in South East London.
- Lead and develop the Academy’s Performance Analysis department in line with the club’s philosophy and the EPPP.
- Film all home and away U18’s matches, as well as some training.
- Coding footage and analysing games to create team and individual stats reports.
- Producing relevant videos in relation to a coaching theme and presenting information back to coaches/ players.
- To complete detailed opposition and post-match analysis.
- Managing both video and statistical databases throughout the season to track progress against the Academy and club philosophy.
- Recruit and manage a team of interns responsible for YDP/FP analysis.
- All other adhoc filming and analysis duties.
The role is full-time (37.5 hours per week), flexible to allow for changes in the schedule around fixtures. You will be expected to work as reasonably required to fulfil the needs of the business.
- Completed BSc and MSc in Performance Analysis / Sports science or related subject.
- High level of tactical and technical knowledge and understanding of the game.
- Proficient in the use of leading performance analysis software; Hudl / Sportscode, Coach paint, etc.
- Ability to develop interpret data, develop and create interactive presentations, as well as the ability to deliver clear and concise feedback in a professional manner.
- Committed, reliable and dependable team member.
- Proactive attitude with drive to improve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthiness and an appreciation of confidential information.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
About Millwall FC
Millwall Football Club values diversity within our business, we have a philosophy of equal opportunity for all. Millwall FC is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Due to quantity of applicants expected, only those short-listed will be notified.