A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Scouting department of Rangers Football Club as a consultant Lead Data Scientist. The full-time position will be based at the Training Centre reporting to the Lead Technical Scout.
Data science and predictive modelling are one of the three foundations for Scouting at Rangers FC. The Lead Data Scientist’s role is to drive a dynamic process of talent identification and recruitment, to lead on player insights and ensure the department remains best-in-class. You will be technically excellent with strong visualisation skills, be naturally inquisitive and have a proactive and innovative approach towards intel and data insights. You will lead in a collaborative way, connecting internally and externally, and adding value to the decision-making process. This is an exciting role and a chance to really make a difference at one of the World’s Most Successful Clubs.
- Passionate about providing insights based on data
- Naturally inquisitive intel gatherer
- Experience of working with football data in an elite environment
- Experience of using R and/or Python and advanced skills in doing so.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and data science.
- Efficient at querying of databases via SQL queries.
- Database management experience (PostgreSQL).
- Experience with REST APIs, and JSON scripts.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Domo, Looker or equivalent.
- Data visualisation expertise using matplotlib or equivalent.
- Experience creating automated data-driven documents to support high level decision making.
- Experiences in managing AWS (or other cloud-based solution) servers.