1. Job purpose:
To provide medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to all academy players on a daily basis.
2. Duties and responsibilities:
• To provide medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to all academy players;
• To provide matchday cover as required;
• To maintain up to date medical records as MCSP;
• To organise scans and external treatment as required;
• To liaise with parents and coaches as required;
• To ensure all written evidence is up to date as per EPPP requirements;
• To liaise with all BRFC staff on a daily basis;
• To create external links as required;
• To maintain and up to date CPD portfolio;
• Ensure best practice is followed at all times and players are receiving optimal advice at all times;
• To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times;
• To assist and lead departmental in-service training as and when required;
• Assist in the education of all players and parents as required in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, and drug awareness;
• To assist in the collection and evaluation of ‘Psychometric Measures Questionnaire’ and daily physio screen;
• To assist with the cool down, strength, movement re-training and stretching sessions with squads or groups of players as required by the department; and
• To assist in other departmental duties as required.
3. Skills required:
• IT literate;
• Ability to communicate with internal and external parties;
• To work in a team environment; and
• Ability to perform group and individual verbal presentations.
4. Knowledge & Experience required:
• Knowledge of current sport science and medicine practice with particular specialism in sports medicine;
• Good knowledge of Safeguarding/child protection policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of an elite sporting environment; and
• Paediatric Physiological Development.
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date for this role is 5pm on Tuesday 11th August 2020.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The jobholder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK. The successful applicant for this role can expect to have their relevant personal information shared with key regulatory and governing bodies in football.
- Department: Academy Medical Department.
- Location: BRFC Academy, however flexibility on location may be required.
- Reports to: Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine.
- Responsible for: Interns and Students as and when required
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week plus any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This may include evening and weekend work.
- Contractual status: Permanent
- Qualifications required:
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (Essential).
• HPC registered (Essential).
• Master Degree in Sports Physiotherapy or related discipline (Desirable).
• ATTMiF qualification (Desirable).
- DBS check required: Yes (enhanced).