Nottingham Forest Football Academy is looking for a Coach.
You will be responsible for the technical development and assist with the physical, mental, social and academic development of schoolboy Academy players transitioning from Foundation Phase (9-11yrs) to Youth Development Phase (12-16yrs) at Nottingham Forest Football Club in line with the Club philosophy and guidance of the Academy Manager and the Head of Academy Coaching.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Provide coaching to develop players of excellence quality and assist Coaching staff working with YDP and FP age groups.
• Mentor U12 players moving into U13s.
• Support the selection of team line ups of all age group in conjunction with the team managers.
• Liaise with Academy Admin staff to ensure all administration relevant to the role is done on time and to the required standards, including all tasks required the relevant League & the EPPP.
• Work with and assist other members of staff to ensure the whole department works to maximum efficiency, e.g. helping train less experienced staff in coaching techniques.
• Liaise with team managers to ensure a smooth transition for players when moving between groups, and keep players, staff and the Academy Manager informed of any movement between groups or other relevant information regarding this transition.
• Be fully prepared for all games and training and ensure all players and staff are informed of details regarding training, games and general working practices (e.g. times + venues).
• Ensure that all players, parents and staff in their charge, act in an appropriate fashion as required by the Nottingham Forest Code of Conduct.
• Promptly communicate with the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching any important information regarding players.
• Ensure the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
• Provide back-up first aid at games and training until the Physiotherapist arrives.
• Assist with recruitment duties for the entire Academy age groupings, in particular the U9-U13 range and be available to scout for these players as is reasonably expected. This may occasionally mean overnight or longer trips and travel outside the UK.
• Follow the assessment procedures for these age groups, i.e. make calculated decisions regarding the signing or not of trialists, and the retention of players currently at the Club.
• Take part in development activities, both inside and outside the Club, which will improve the quality of their coaching and overall work. This will include ensuring all qualifications are upto-date and additional, relevant qualifications are undertaken when appropriate and agreed with the Head of Coaching.
• Drive Club transport when required, to transport players from the Academy to away games subject to provision of the correct licence for the relevant vehicle.
• Be available to cover residentials, potentially looking after players of all ages (fulfilling all Safeguarding guidelines), which may include tournaments and weekend or holiday visits to the
Club by trialists.
• Ensure the Academy is seen as an exemplary organisation by players, parents, scouts and Governing bodies and liaise with these groups on both an informal and formal basis.
- To be discussed.
• UEFA ‘A’ Licence Minimum.
• FA Youth Award Level 3.
• 5-11 or 12- 16 Advanced Youth Award or working towards.
• Excellent knowledge of Professional Football.
• Demonstrable experience working in Academy Football.
• Focus on individual player development within a team process.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments and senior staff.
• Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
• Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
• Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
• High level IT and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
• BFAS first aid award.
In addition, the following are desirable:
• Working towards UEFA Pro Licence.
• Previous professional playing experience.
• Degree or equivalent in sports related subject.
• Creative presentation skills and experience of presentation.
• Driving licence.