The Ghana Football Association (GFA) will like to announce that long-serving Technical Director, Mr. Francis Oti Akenteng will be vacating the position when his contract expires at the end of March 2020.
As a result, the Ghana Football Association is looking for a qualified, proactive and result-oriented person with the ability to work in cross-divisional teams to lead its Technical Department as a:
- As the leader of GFA’s education, we expect this person to have the highest possible technical qualification: the CAF A licence or equivalent or above.
- The most suitable candidates will have worked hard in football with significant leadership experience and personal values and behaviours that align with those of the GFA.
- The experience of successfully partnering with stakeholders and working together is vital; this role is a crucial ambassador for the GFA.
- The best candidates will be able to demonstrate resilience and the strength of character to cope with a broad agenda, times of high pressure, and difficult decisions.
- Candidates should be based in Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence, Prampram, Ghana and be available for international camps when required.
- The preferred candidate(s) should be willing to undergo a rigorous selection and verification process.
- The candidate must possess three interrelated types of skills and experience:
Football: experience as a player, coach or instructor and relevant football/sport qualifications.
Leadership and analysis: strategic and networking skills and recognition by all national football stakeholders.
Management: organizational skills, good internal and external communication and reporting.
- The ideal applicant must have:
- A working knowledge in the activities of FIFA, CAF and GFA.
- Must have high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of coaching practices.
- Must have strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in various aspects of football.
- Ability to solve problem and work with little supervision.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and proactive (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Ability to multi-task.
- High level experience in creating/managing programmes.
- Ability to logically plan, organize and execute.
- Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and technologically savvy with the ability to create clips for training and review.
- Superior communication skills (written and oral).
- Fluency in English.