An exciting opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Walsall Academy Football Club to gain valuable experience of working with footballers in an elite sporting environment. Working two evenings a week and Sunday mornings, the successful candidate will diagnose, treat and manage the rehabilitation process of injured academy football players; also showing adaptability throughout the age groups of Under 9’s to Under 16’s.
- Completed BSc in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or a relevant degree.
- Be registered with the CSP and HCPC (Physiotherapists).
- Have an in-date qualification/certificate of the FA level 4 intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF). Formerly known as the FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS). Or another pitch side first aid qualification that is recognised by the FA.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a keen interest to work in a sporting environment.
- Be able to work well within a team made up of sports scientists, strength and conditioning coaches, football coaches and other medical practitioners.
- Reliable and committed to working unsociable hours.