Canada Soccer is seeking a Men’s National EXCEL U-20 Program Director to join the Men’s EXCEL Program team to develop, plan, and lead EXCEL strategies at the U-20 level.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, the EXCEL U-20 Program Director will work to develop players and coaches at the national team level creating new systems and curriculum to identify, develop, monitor and track players on their journey towards the MNT.
The EXCEL U-20 Program Director will be responsible for working with professional academies in Canada and abroad to establish protocols and processes to enhance working relationships in the identification and development of our best young players and will also be expected to work locally to align the provincial pathways at the U-20 level.
This position will play a critical role in the EXCEL system by bridging the U-15 and U-23 player development systems and ensuring our players with the highest potential (EXCELeration players) are fully supported in their progression towards the U-23 and Men’s National Team programs.
1. Holds A minimum Canada Soccer Coaching A Licence or International equivalence.
2. Has worked as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach within Professional Clubs and/or National Teams systems for three (3) years or more.
3. Extensive knowledge of North American and Concacaf men’s landscape.
4. Shall have experience delivering and developing coach education.
5. Has experience delivering and developing soccer curriculum.
6. Has a vast experience presenting information to large and small audiences.
7. Extensive knowledge of the North American player pool at the international and
8. Relevant player and coaching experience at Professional and or National.
9. Proficiency in the use of Analysis/presentation software and related technology.
10. Has high level computer skills to develop presentations, plans and proposals as required by the role.
11. Extensive knowledge of elite player development philosophy/systems/approaches.
12. Experience working in a High Performing team.
13. A strong understanding of Sport Science and Soccer specific periodization.
- To be discussed.