An exciting opportunity has become available at Heart of Midlothian Football Club within the Medical Department. We are currently looking to recruit a Reserve/U18 Physiotherapist to support the team in the U18 League and the Reserve Team League. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Head Physiotherapist and be responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of all full time Reserve/U18 players including pitch-side emergency cover at home and away games. The ideal candidate will work as part of a coordinated multidisciplinary team including physiotherapists, club doctors, sports scientists, independent specialists and allied medical practitioners.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
- BSc Physiotherapy (Minimum of 3 years post qualification)
- Relevant post graduate MSc degree such as sports physiotherapy or sports medicine or working towards this qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in professional football with full time players or similar Elite Sports Physiotherapy.
- Valid pitch-side emergency first aid qualification (Sport Promote/Scrum Caps or equivalent)
- Previous experience in the musculoskeletal screening and profiling of elite athletes.
- Competent in the prescription of strength and conditioning programmes and injury management.
- An ability to build networks and obtain and manage important information are of huge importance.
- An ability to work independently as well as alongside the Physiotherapy team when required.
- Be committed to a CPD programme and make every effort to enhance personal skills and qualifications to meet the Academy/Club needs.
- An appreciation of the need for flexible working hours and to recognise the minimum hours per week required to fulfil the work responsibilities.
- This role will have regular contact with players under the age of 18 and it is therefore required by law to have a PVG check and the associated paperwork.