- In collaboration with other academy departments, identify behavioural values to be adopted by all players and staff to create a commitment culture that develops both the performer and the person.
- Manage the provision of mental wellbeing support to players and staff, providing the foundation for elite performance to occur.
- Develop the necessary mental skills of academy players and coaching staff to perform at the highest level of competition.
- Support players across all phases of the academy (foundation, youth and professional development), via either one to one support as necessary or small group / squad sessions to deliver an age appropriate mental skills syllabus to optimise development of both the individual and the performer.
- Undertake psychological profiling of all players in the youth and professional development phases, reporting areas of focus and progression back to the player and relevant staff members to enhance player wellbeing, development and performance.
- Annual Salary: £35,000
- Contract type: Permanent full time
- Location: Sheffield United Training Academy, Shirecliffe Sheffield
- MSc in Psychology / Sport Psychology or related area
- British Psychological Society Accreditation or be at a minimum of stage two of the accreditation process, and / or BASES accredited in Sport Psychology
- HSPC registered