The Head Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the youth academy soccer teams. In this capacity, the trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players’ medical problems. The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the Academy Director and Head Trainer of the First Team.
- A preferred Master’s degree in Sports Medicine or related health care field.
- Certified Athletic Trainer, NATA.
- In good standing with NATA.
- State of NJ Athletic Trainer License.
- Have a current New Jersey Driver’s License in good standing.
- Current CPR certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
- Minimum three (3) years certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with team sports.
- Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of the medical soccer industry.
- Ability to resolve concerns expeditiously and independently.
- Able to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Capable of delegating effectively and acknowledging accomplishments; communicates plans and information to staff in timely manner; promotes teamwork and cooperation within the department.
- Ability to set time-lines, implement decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in planning processes; ability to understand, and commitment to integrate the contributions to be made through this function; assessing, allocating and supervising the use of resources (material, staff, capital) in a prudent and orderly manner; monitoring, measuring and taking corrective actions required to achieve targeted results.
- Candidate must have strong leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Need to be able to lift heavy weights and work long hours during physically demanding shifts.
- Need to be able to stand for long period of time, and be able to run to respond to incidents at a moments notice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Bachelor Degree is required for all applicants.