This senior youth leadership position will report directly to the Union Youth General Manager and will be responsible for heading the youth open enrollment programs, work closely with club affiliates, direct and manage the staffing needs for all active and upcoming Union Youth programs such as camps, clinics and club training.
- National A Coaching License or domestic / international equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Sports Management, Sports.
- Administration or related.
- Have own transportation.
- A proven track record in the development of youth soccer programs at grassroots level, with recognized accreditation and experience in youth and mini coaching.
- Experience with coaching both male and female soccer and the design of associated technical programs.
- Knowledge of players from Grassroots to High School age with relevant development systems and how they differ based on the age and performance level.
- Experience directly managing, mentoring and motivating coaching personnel.
- A passion for educating the developing of coaches, players and clubs at all levels.
- An understanding of youth soccer competition structure and how it relates to optimal player development.
- Experience managing budgets and associated cost management and reporting.
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader program goals and strategic intent.
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey the Union Youth vision to potential club affiliates.
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated multi-functional management team.
- A strong understanding and ability to use effectively:
- Microsoft Suite
- Social media platforms
- Registration systems
- Understand that this position requires long hours, weekend events and both office and on field activity.
About Philadelphia Union
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.