Football/Soccer are seeking a Technical Director in Lagos, Nigeria.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Technical Director (TD) is a full time position responsible for Saints Lagos Football Academy (SLFA)’s Football Programs, in Coach Education and Youth Development endorsed by Southampton FC Youth Football Curriculum. Essentially the position is responsible for all Football technical matters in the Academy. The TD is sufficiently capable and adaptable to cater for any unique needs and circumstances which may exist across.
The TD is to take ownership of the direction and development of Talented Players, Coaches, and Coaching programs to continue the growth of youth football within the Academy. Using the Southampton Way and model, the Technical Director will provide coaches with support whilst developing the future of talented youth football within the Academy.
- Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of business strategies and plans for the organisation relating to Technical Development and broaden the reach and deepen the impact for the Academy.
- Ensure Technical Development input and leadership is maintained for strategic planning with the Boards.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic Technical Development plan to advance the Academy.
- Promote the Academy’s vision and values and lead technical staff encouraging maximum performance and dedication.
- Work with leadership team and staff to recognise internal and external Technical Development opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Attend Board meetings and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee.
- Represent SLFA with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and other organisations/partners.
- Participate in fundraising projects & expansion activities, such as stakeholders, government relations & technical alliances.
- Technical Leadership
- Player Development and “Elite” player Development
- Talent Identification
- Coach Education and Coaching pathways
- Team Management and Development
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, customer service and encourages integrity, diversity and passion.
- Salary: € 2,000 - € 2,500 / month.
- Company Paid: Flight, Accommodation, In-Country Transportation
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Be able to live and work in Nigeria - holidays included.
- Must be fluent in English both conversational and written
- Reports to the CEO
- Essential - UEFA ‘B’ Licence
- Desirable - UEFA ‘A’ Licence - Football Conditioning Licence
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Sports Management or related field is desirable.
- UEFA ‘A’ Coaching License (methodology) & an FA Football Conditioning Certificate or commitment to attain one.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a senior manager in sports education and coach & talented player development.
- Demonstrable experience in overseeing coach education programs to both small and large groups.
- A thorough understanding and proven ability and desire to develop the world game of Football.
- Proven ability to position an organisation to achieve tangible outcomes in technical development environment.
- Demonstrable capability in presenting and delivering training programs using up to date technology (e.g. Coach Education).
- Proven experience in team coaching enabling effective mentoring of people at all levels.
- Proven ability to analyze strategic requirements and propose innovative solutions.
Work experience & skills
- Demonstrated football knowledge
- Coaching staff and player development at both Junior and Senior levels
- Motivated and passionate with aspiring young athletes with football
- Ability to develop football plans and football plan development and implementation processes
- Proven ability to lead both male and female players to success
- To have played football at a competitive level
- To have experience with providing development opportunities for coaches and players
- Personal qualities & behavioural traits
About Crimson Sports Ltd
- There has a been a delay, but we are now set and are actively looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- We require someone who will be dedicated to this Start Up project and is passionate about the game and developing youth players from a grassroots perspective.
- Your English both written and oral should be very good.