Celtic Football Club has a unique opportunity for three individuals to complete a fully funded PhD in applied sport and exercise science at The University of the West of Scotland, researching into the science of elite youth football development. In addition to the completion of the academic requirements for this higher education award, the successful candidates will also gain invaluable experience of applied sports science by being embedded within the Academy Sports Science Department at Celtic FC. The combination of completing research in an elite footballing environment and experiencing industry practice will be a valuable process for any aspiring practitioner.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in sport and exercise science or equivalent (minimum 2:1).
- Knowledge of the physiological demands of football and elite youth football.
- Knowledge of long-term athlete development models and athletic development.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- An organised and energetic personality with a passion for football.
- Excellent communication skills to engage/motive young players to develop athleticism and lifestyle throughout childhood and adolescence.
- Positive attitude to an ever-changing, fast and dynamic environment.
- Full UK driving license.
- Flexible approach to the working week including evenings and weekends.
- MSc Degree in sport sciences/strength & conditioning.
- Accredited/Certified strength and conditioning coach (or working towards) e.g. UKSCA, CSCS.
- Football/other sports coaching qualifications.
- Experience delivering to elite youth athletes (within or outside of football).