INTERNSHIP IN SRI LANKA WITH TAFA
The Thaabit Ahmed Football Academy (TAFA) is based in Colombo. Sri Lanka and is a privately run football academy. TAFA was founded in 2009 with just 5 students. Since then it has grown to supporting the football development of over a 200 students from 3 to 15 years old per season.
At TAFA you would be expected to coach to a range of students from the ages of 3 to 15 years who possess a varying degree of talent. You Will be working alongside TAFA coaches in order to produce a high quality coaching syllabus and deliver a demanding yet fun program to the students.
Additionally you Will be working in primary schools to provide Physical Educational (PE) classes (main sports being basketball, football and athletics) and run fitness group sessions. Interns Will also be tasked with handling some administrative duties, such as
marking attendance & keeping track of inventory.
An opportunity to work overseas in a developing country.
Working with a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural student body.
Developing sports programs in collaboration with TAFA coaches.
Opportunity to work with TAFA on a number of CSR (corporate social responsibility) projects around the island.
Opportunity to travel overseas for competitions in the Middle East and Europe.
Explore the wonders of a tropical island.
Coaching at TAFA or Trooper Rugby
Working in schools conducting PE lessons
TAFA Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects
- Minimum Level 1 Certification in Football or Rugby Union.
- Candidate age preference between 21 to 26 years old.
- PE qualification or work experience in teaching PE in a primary school.
- Minimum of 2 years coaching experience in a variety of coaching settings.
- A love for sport and a passion for coaching and working with children.
- Professionalism, in conduct and appearance.
- Ability to work individually and cohesively.
- Discipline and punctuality.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to try out a brand new life changing experience.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME WITH A REFERENCE & COVER LETTER.
- 10 month contract.
- 3 month probation period (Ist Term). Depending on performance evaluations at the end of term in December.
- Interns may be offered the opportunity to extend their contract till 31st July, 2020.
- Interns Will have to pay for their flights to Sri Lanka.
- 40 hours work week across 5 days. But staff are expected to be flexible.
- Work includes planning, setting targets for both teaching & coaching and the usual set up & pack down for training.
- No TAFA coaching on public holidays.
- 6 weeks of paid leave (2 weeks for Christmas, 2 weeks for Easter & 2 weeks in the Summer) per season.
- Representing TAFA while in Sri Lanka at all times. Discipline and good conduct is very important.
- Maintain a good level of personal fitness and hygiene throughout the year.
- Maintain a clean living space in accordance to the TAFA house rules.
- Adhere to the laws of The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- Monthly allowance of LKR 50,000 - paid on last Friday of every month.
- If candidate is offered a contract extension at the end of the season, a return air ticket.
- Will be offered for the 2020/2021 season.
- Shared accommodation Will be provided in the TAFA house. (utilities not included).
- Annual gym membership.
- Health insurance - Cover of LKR 100,000 per year.