New Zealand Football is seeking applications for a Competitions and Events Director.
The Competitions and Events Director leads NZF’s national competitions strategy, ensuring that it aligns to FIFA and OFC activity, and oversees a team of two Competitions Managers who deliver 11 national competitions (including National Leagues, Cup competitions and community tournaments) and oversee the football operations of NZF-hosted international fixtures.
This position is also responsible for overseeing the regulatory framework for competitions, including NZF’s club licencing, judiciary, and integrity programme, as well as support for NZF’s seven Federations’ competitions teams.
- Competitions and events management experience, preferably but not necessarily in football.
- An understanding of the sports sector and the role played by competitions and events in promoting a brand.
- Experience in developing and interpreting regulations and policies.
- Skills in business writing and developing material for publication.
- Strong relationship management skills with a customer service focus.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
Strong communication skills.
- A focus for detail.
- Strong people management experience.