Galway United Football Club looking to recruit a General Manager.
Main purpose of role:
The General Manager will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and implementation of commercial, operational and financial management of the club. This position will report to the Board of Directors.
- Five years’ experience in a general business/management role, ideally within a sports club, voluntary or SME environment and an understanding of the challenges faced.
- Track record in growing revenue streams, fundraising, commercial negotiations and managing and developing business relationships to achieve KPI’s.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with an ability to manage a wide variety of relationships and stakeholders.
- I.T. Literate across MS Office suite of packages.
- Flexibility to work a varied work pattern taking into consideration the unique working requirements of a football season, with games played at evenings and weekends.
- Meetings with a large stakeholder and volunteer base will also form part of the average working week.
- Good time management, organisational skills and ability to work to strict deadlines coupled with a high degree of energy and motivation to get the job done whilst leading others.
- Degree in Business or related qualification but candidates with significant related work experience may be considered.