An exciting opportunity has emerged for one full-time place on the MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme at the University of Chichester, involving a funded full time work placement within a Premier League football club (Southampton FC).
- Obtained or undertaking undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science etc.).
- Strong ability to solve numerical problems and answer questions through data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of professional football and a desire to work in an elite sporting environment.
- Knowledge of statistical methods (e.g. regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis etc.).
- Experience of statistical modelling in a statistical computer language (e.g. R, Python etc.).
- A strong work ethic and proactive attitude within the role.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Quality Focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
- Drive and Energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set.
- Self-Motivated – Driven and able to work off own initiative as well as follow guidance and instruction.