Arsenal is looking for a director for its Foundation.
The candidate will lead and develop the Arsenal Foundation, a leading charity in the soccer and youth development work sector, and a global model brand.
- Proven experience of a senior management role within a charitable, educational or commercial organisation.
- Experience as a Director of such an organisation preferable.
- Proven track record of consistent achievement of financial objectives and of generating new income streams.
- Experience of setting targets, monitoring outcomes, achieving results and working towards continuous improvements.
- Strong record of developing organisations, systems and processes.
- A dynamic leader and team builder with proven track record of achievement and innovative practice.
- The ability to develop networks, create and maintain effective working relationships to influence and inspire across public, private and voluntary sectors.
- A clear sense of purpose to drive action and inspire innovation.
- Ability to bring together disparate elements of a team, align them to a single strategy and ensure that they work together effectively to fulfill that strategy.
- An effective communicator with compelling presentation and excellent written skills.
- Ability to form, implement and deliver a vision and strategy both internally and externally at all levels.
- A strategic thinker with a high degree of intellect as well as the imagination and realism to see strategy through to implementation.
- The ability to creatively manage change and embedding new innovative ways of thinking and working.
- Budget setting and associated financial planning and management.
- A working knowledge of UK and International funding vehicles.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- An appreciation of the world of football.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about The Arsenal
- Foundation, its role within the Club and the community it serves.
- Credible presence that commands confidence from stakeholder partners.
- An effective, positive and robust senior management style.
- Committed to building an organisation with an open and transparent approach.
- Committed to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Experience of setting up business management systems (such as budgeting and project management systems).
- A clear recognition of the importance of social trends pertinent to the environment in which The Arsenal Foundation is operating.
- An appreciation of differing cultural needs around the world, given the global nature of The Arsenal Foundation's scope.