HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB PERFORMANCE SUPPORT SERVICES
WOMEN’S 1ST TEAM PHYSIOTHERAPIST SCOPE AND DIMENSIONS
Hibernian Football Club have created a football structure and strategy that is at the forefront of the British game with a club philosophy and ethos that is performance driven and encourages all players to maximise their ability and potential. Improving performance on an individual and collective level is at the very core of everything we do. Our Performance Support Services Department is committed to the provision of an integrated, structured and pro-active approach to the scientific management of player development with the aim of improving individual and team performance. We are looking for a committed, knowledgeable, and highly motivated physiotherapist to undertake the full-time role of Women’s 1st Team Physiotherapist within the Performance Support Services Department. The successful candidate will have some experience working successfully within the performance sport environment and an understanding of athletic development. Reporting in the first instance to the Head of Performance Support Services you will be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to the Women’s 1st Team squad. Working in conjunction with colleagues across the Performance Support Services Department you will work to ensure that all Women’s 1st Team players are appropriately supported to optimise their performance in training and competition.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES STRATEGIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the design, planning and delivery of a comprehensive physiotherapy service for the 1st Team Women’s squad, consistent with the football club philosophy and focused on maximising the potential of all players.
• Working within a multidisciplinary team assist in the design and delivery of a comprehensive player physical development programme reflective of the individual age and stage of player development.
• Ensure that all practice within the physiotherapy department is delivered to the highest professional standard, consistent with the application of current scientific principles/research and is set at all times within the context of the game.
• Undertake on going monitoring and review of all aspects of the physiotherapy service provision, adapting and updating practice as required.
• Maintain detailed and comprehensive player profiles and medical notes.
• Creation of a high-performance environment, operating to the highest professional standards at all times – with no compromise.