Heart of Midlothian Football Club, commonly known as Hearts, is a professional football club in Edinburgh, Scotland. The team competes in the Scottish Professional Football League.
Heart of Midlothian FC is looking for Physiotherapists / Sports Therapists who are highly motivated and passionate about working with and developing young athletes.
The club is looking for those who can develop good working relationships with a variety of groups, including fellow practitioners, soccer coaches, youth players and their parents.
The academy’s match day physios/sports therapists provide pitchside coverage across the Academy (U11-U18 teams), ensuring proper assessment and treatment of injuries is provided to players on a match day when necessary.
• Provide physiotherapy cover during academy match days, including on-field emergency care/treatment when necessary
• Liaise with the lead academy physiotherapist and academy manager, as appropriate, to assess player health status and contribute to informed professional development decision-making about player fitness and preparation to train and play
• Work collaboratively with other members of the performance department, including physicians, sports scientists, nutritionists and other specialists, as needed
• Complete the required transfer forms and email them to Lead Academy Physiotherapist on Monday nights each week after games
• Travel to away games will be required (mileage can be claimed at 45p per kilometre)
• Opportunity to pick up additional hours may arise, if desired, by providing player physiotherapy coverage during evening clinics on training ground, including diagnosis, acute care/treatment, and short and long term injury rehabilitation. This includes the design and execution of exercise programs both on the court and in the gym.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
• HCPC Registered Physical Therapist or Member of The Society of Sports Therapists
Valid fieldside care qualification, eg NSFA, sportPROMOTE, SCRUMCAPS, etc.
• This role requires regular contact with players under the age of 18, therefore it is required by law to have a PVG check and associated paperwork
• Postgraduate Degree in Physiotherapy (Preferred).