The Performance Analyst is responsible for the coordination of all video capture, editing, and report generation services within the Soccer Operations Department. The role includes videotaping of training/games, providing data insights from complex data sets in line with club philosophy and game model, preparing pre and post-match highlights for upcoming opponents, as well as assisting in research into the ongoing advancement of video and data analysis techniques and processes. The Performance Analyst will report to the Technical Director.
- Knowledge & experience in soccer, specifically Major League Soccer.
- Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Familiar with video capture processes and industry standard video editing software.
- A relationship builder, presenter and communicator .
- An adaptable mindset, to produce insights for the needs of the coaching staff.
- Experience of managing large data sets, and producing high-quality data insights and visualizations for end-users.
- Familiarity with raw data such as Opta F24 , Tracab, Second Spectrum.
- Technical knowledge in programming languages such as R, Python would be advantageous.