Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for a full-time Head Men’s Soccer Coach. The candidate will be responsible for all facets of conducting a successful NCAA Division I soccer program.
Duties include the following:
- On-the-field coaching during practice and competition.
- Recruitment of quality student athletes.
- Game preparation; formulating and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
- Administration of an operating budget. * Supervision of assistant coaches.
- Fundraising; promotional and public relations activities; speaking engagements and media interviews.
- Know and comply with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing, and coaching of the VMI Men’s Soccer team;
- Provide leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI.
- Must be able to study, evaluate and implement innovations in soccer strategy and equipment; and demonstrate professional integrity.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Must have successful NCAA Soccer coaching experience as an assistant or head coach.
- Must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states.
- Has to have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.