Nottingham Forest are seeking a qualified experienced Physiotherapist to join the Academy, based at Nigel Doughty, Nottingham.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine (“HASSM”), you will assist with developing, organising and implementing medical screening, health education, injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes for Academy players.
You will contribute to the Academy philosophy of optimising the availability and enhancing the long-term athletic development and health of Nottingham Forest Academy players through player education, movement and musculoskeletal screening, load management and effective rehabilitation.
- BSc Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy/Rehabilitation or similar (MSc preferable).
- Membership of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or BASRAT.
- Valid Intermediate First Aid Qualification, preferably ITMMiF and willingness to work towards.
- Demonstrable experience of working in sport, providing First Aid, pitch-side cover and rehabilitation.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation and RTP criteria.
- Evidence of ongoing and relevant CPD.
- Excellent knowledge of injury prevention and screening strategies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of rehabilitation and underpinning theory.
- Ability to work closely and effectively within an MDT and establish good staff relationships.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- High standards of work performance, consistently delivering quality output.
- Flexible approach and attitude to working hours.
- A safe approach to work, understand own limitations, seeking assistance when appropriate.