The Technical Director will report to the Chief Executive and is accountable for the technical development of football in Hong Kong including the identification, articulation (football curriculum and coach education content) and implementation of consistent styles and systems of play, particularly at the elite level. This role which is responsible for maintaining a high performance football culture will influence a whole generation of players and make a huge impact on the future performance of football in Hong Kong. The Technical Director will closely interface with the Head Coach to coordinate a systematic football development continuum and pathways from beginner to elite high performance football.
The job holder is accountable to the Chief Executive and the Board for the development, review, update and implementation of strategies aimed at continually promoting and improving elite football in Hong Kong.
- The successful candidate must have proven experience
and success in elite football development/management/coaching.
- Well developed leadership and management skills with a track record of creating a culture of high performance.
- Evidence of Delivery of Coaching Programmes
- The personal style and approach of the individual is critical.
- The person appointed must be passionate about football and be performance orientated.
- Key personal characteristics will include:
- A versatile and persuasive manager/coach
- Strong organisational skills
- An inspiring and persuasive character with excellent leadership skills
- A good communicator and motivator
- High personal ambition and drive
- Remaining calm under pressure
- High ethical standards