The physiotherapist will be charge of injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programmes for the team under the direction of the Head Coach. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of the youth players in their crucial period of growth. This position will be key link in the development of youth players who will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- At least 2 years of experience as chief physiotherapist in a professional youth football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
at least 5 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas.
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category as an athlete.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered.
- Proven record of experience especially in pitch-side trauma during high-intensity competitions.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as physiotherapist through recognised courses and licenses.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Able to motivate players during their times of injury/rehab, etc. to return to full fitness as professionals.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.