AFC Bournemouth’s Academy is looking for a part-time Physiotherapist.
The main roles of this job are:
- Provide pitch-side first aid and trauma cover for the AFCB schoolboy games programme
- Liaise with visiting medical staff to inform of emergency action plans in the case of a major injury
- To be responsible for ensuring all trauma equipment, including that of an AED is set out on site.
- Provide accurate assessment and diagnosis of paediatric/adolescent sports injuries, attending to on-field injuries, and undertaking post-match injury assessment and treatment as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all assessment, treatment, and interventions via the PMA system
- Using appropriate communication methods, liaise with the senior academy physiotherapist and other relevant staff in relation to the main duties listed above.
- In liaison with the senior academy physiotherapist, maintain and update qualifications and CPD by attending the club’s academy medical department in-service programme (run once monthly) and external courses, as required.
- ITMMiF Qualification.
- To be discussed.